Keren Baker has designed this beautiful journal cover using Bubbalux, springtime colours and a floral emboss. Check out the tutorial and have a go yourself!
Shopping / stash list:
· Bubbalux Craft Board in White (see Stockists page for where to buy)
· Nuvo embellishment Mousse in pale pink and green
· Nuvo Glitter Drops
· Tim Holtz word stickers
- Sizzix embossing folder with floral pattern
· Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine
· Sewing machine or needle and thread for hand-sewing (optional)
· Spiral notebook
· Strong glue
· Elastic cord
Before you start: - We recommend using a CraftTex Craft Table Protector to help keep your work surface clean. - Peel the protective film from the Bubbalux Craft Board before use (film is on one side only).
How to make:
1. Trim out two pieces of Bubbalux, slightly smaller than the original cover of your notebook.
2. Emboss the Bubbalux pieces using the embossing folder.
3. Rub some Nuvo embellishment mousse over the embossed areas, a little at a time.
4. Use the sandpaper to rub back some of the raised areas, so the original white shows through.
5. To create the stitching, trace around the parts you want to stitch with a pencil or erasable pen and sew it by machine or hand. As Bubbalux is quite thick, try using a needle suitable for thicker fabrics.
6. Once sewn, glue both pieces to the cover of your notebook.
7. Added some details with Nuvo Drops and a sentiment sticker or two.
Don't forget to follow and tag us in to show us what you've created with Bubbalux. Facebook: @CraftTex.Bubbalux Instagram: @Craft_Tex