Get ready to be super-organised when the kids go back to school with this Bubbalux Bubblegum Blackboard project from Sharon Callis!
Use chalk pens or regular chalk and simply wipe clean each time you need to change the messages. Great for families, classrooms, home decor and because Bubbalux is completely weatherproof and waterproof, you can even use it for exterior notices!
1 x Bubbalux Black standard size sheet
1 x Bubbalux Red standard size sheet
1 x Bubbalux Green standard size sheet
1 x Bubbalux Blue standard size sheet
1 x Bubbalux White standard size sheet
Sizzix Bigz Die and Embossing Folder 'Gumball Machine' 658464
Silver gilding wax
High tack glue
Time to Make:
Approximately 1.5 hours
How it's made:
1. On the red sheet of Bubbalux score an inside line 15mm from the edge around the sheet to create a border. Cut along the line and remove the centre. Glue the red 'frame' onto the black base.
2. For the next frame layer you can (a) cut out the Green frame 210mm x 275mm, 10mm thick or (b) cut strips 10mm x 280mm and trim to size as needed. Emboss before gluing to the red frame.
3. For the final frame layer follow step 2 and (a) cut out the blue frame 208mm x 267mm, 5mm thick or (b) cut strips 5mm x 280mm and trim to size as needed. Emboss before gluing to the green layer.
4. For the lettering I drew freehand and cut out, if you have deep cut lettering dies to hand these will also work perfectly.
5. Die cut the Bubble Gum machine and emboss, finish with some gilding wax.
6. Glue the Bubblegum Machine to the corner of the frame.
7. Add ribbon to the rear and hang to display.
Note: The base for this project is the black sheet of Bubbalux - though you can mix around the colours if you prefer.