Make a chalk board for every member of your family with just a few Bubbalux sheets and a little bit of creativity to match their personality!
Try this woodland themed chalkboard for outdoorsy types and nature lovers. It's easy to make, you can personalise it with whatever colours or embellishments you like, and it can be hung up or attached to a simple stand.
What you'll need:
Sheet of standard size Bubbalux in black
Sheet of standard size Bubbalux in green
Sheet of standard size Bubbalux in red
Pair of strong scissors
Glue, such as E6000 or glue gun
Sizzix die cutting/embossing machine (We used Sizzix Big Shot)
Sizzix embossing folder (We used the 3D wood grain)
Gilding wax (with sponge applicator or tissue)
Sizzix Bigz dies (We used 'XL Alphabet cutout lower' die and 'Leaves' die)
Small paint brush
1. Gather your supplies from the list above and prepare the Bubbalux by peeling the protective film from one side of the Bubbalux.
2. Using the red Bubbalux, cut out the appropriate letters using the alphabet die.
3. Take the sheet of green Bubbalux, and using a ruler and pencil or hand embossing tool, mark a line 3cm in from each edge. Where the lines cross, mark a diagonal line to create the corners.
4. Using the scissors, cut the Bubbalux along your scored lines.
5. With the off cuts, cut out leaf shapes using the leaves die or by hand.
6. Emboss the Bubbalux frame by running the cut strips through the Sizzix Big Shot with the 3D wood grain embossing folder - you will need to turn the strips to ensure the whole surface is embossed. Using a hand embossing tool, score leaf veins into the leaf shapes.
7. Using a sponge or tissue, rub gilding wax over the embossed surfaces and rub off the excess.
8. Paint leaves and rub off excess to leave the paint in the embossed channels.
9. Take the black sheet of Bubbalux and peel off the protective film. Glue the prepared frame to the black Bubbalux sheet, and glue the die cut letters and leaves to the frame.
10. Hang or prop the blackboard and use a chalk pen to write your messages and reminders!
Visit our stockists page now to find out where you can buy supplies of Bubbalux.